Saturday, January 26, 2008

We're good at

After bring home nearly a whole pan of brownies from a potluck, I was feeling down and wanting to be good at something. Trying to cheer me up, Hubby asked Son, "What is Mommy good at?" After the first few, I realized that I needed to get a pen and paper to record these. I thought you might like to know the skills we've been working on here:

Mommy is good at:

  • Scrapboarding - yes, that is a direct quote!
  • Combing hair
  • Teaching
  • Cutting hair
Daughter is good at:
  • combing her hair
  • Saying "Yeaeaeaeah!" It starts low gets high and ends with a whine!

Son is good at:

  • Putting his boots on
  • Petting the kitties
  • Opening doors for people
  • Putting his coat on
  • That's it.

Daddy is good at: (This came after several requests and lots of thought.)

  • Are you good at tennis?
  • Sledding - "Actually, me and Daddy are both good. Mommy's not. When you go fast, Mommy, I'll protect you."
  • Putting his coat on.
  • Playing basketball
  • Putting a puzzle together
It's nice to know you've made an impression. I'll have to update my resume. I wonder what jobs I can get with these additions to my resume!

2 comments:

B Haack said...

No one thinks the babe magnet shirt is weird?!

Jen said...

I noticed it right away. Christian got a similar one for Christmas that was (thankfully) too small. It said "Chick Magnet" and was bright yellow with a picture of a baby chicken.