Tonight we went caroling with some church folks to some of the shut-ins. We baked in the nursing home and froze outside of some houses - I think the high school kids might have had fun! My own children had a delightful time - Berry Princess was so excited b/c we took a bus to get from place to place. She also got to hand out treat bags to people and wish them a Merry Christmas! Early Bird loved it because he knew most of the songs!
But the real treat came when the bus brought us back to church. There was a promise of hot cocoa and treats. I thought we'd run in quickly. But Santa was there - sitting in front of the Christmas tree. Guess who forgot her camera? Yep, you're right - guessI shouldn't have stayed up so late last night getting my free scrapbook done before the midnight deadline!
Early Bird went in to check him out.
I heard him hollar, "That's Brian!"
Our next door neighbor dressed up as Santa for the kids. I heard it took 2 cans of spray to get his beard white. I can't wait to show you the picts - He really did a great job!
Back to my spoiler Bird...Sam (4.5 years old) heard him. Really everyone in the church heard him. I heard him and really thought that he wouldn't ever believe in Santa any more. We'll have to see.
So Sam studied him for a while and thoughtfully stated, "He does sound a lot like Brian."
At which Brian called him over and said, "I'm one of Santa's helpers."
Sam's reply, "Ohhh, okay!"
And he ran away to play.
Early Bird did stop and talk a bit to Santa to ask him for a some Transformers and GI Joe game and GI Joes. He forgot he wanted a football.
Berry Princess wasn't really paying attention to her brother; she was pretty intimidated by the big, furry man in the red suit.
So she and I went up to talk to him together. I sat next to him and held her on my lap. Once the camera came out, she would at least pull her face out of my chest. She didn't want to talk to him at ALL! Then I reminded her that she wanted to ask him for a crawling baby. And then she spoke very clearly!
I had a few people to talk to before we left, but she didn't take her eyes off of him the entire time.
On the way home, she decided that she wasn't afraid of Santa any more.
The boys were home when we got here. Early Bird was going to set up a watch station in his window to watch to see when Brian came home; he was pretty convinced that that was Brian - not Santa. Guess we better make sure that he knows that he saw Santa's helper - not the real Santa.
Quick before he gets to school and tells all the kids that he saw Brian!
1 comment:
It's a good idea to stay with your kids when they are getting ready to see Santa. Then just before they go up to see him you can remind them of what they want. "Make sure to ask Santa for a football."
Post a Comment