The request has been heard! The story behind that last post.
On Friday night we I decided we should have a game night with some friends. I ran into a couple of friends while picking up the kids. They weren't available. I called 4 families - while cooking dinner, nonetheless! Multitasker! One said yes; the second said yes; the third and fourth were messages. So we had 8 people coming over for games at 6 pm the following night. By 8pm we had confirmation of the 3rd family. By noon on Saturday all 4 were in!
It was 4 of Early Bird's friends from school who all have siblings about the same age as Berry Princess. The 4 boys (his girlfriend also came) were all on his tball team before he started Kindergarten. All 5 of the big kids were in the same Kindergarten class. And 4 of the little ones are girls and 4 of the little ones are going to be in the same Kindergarten class - one is a year behind our Berry Princess.
So by 6:15 we had an extra 20 people in our house for game night. It was easy to tell that there was WAY too much energy for staying inside and playing quiet games. And it was way too nice out to keep them inside. I suggested going outside. They came in around dark. The moms played a great game (I think I need this for Christmas); the dads played a great game. The little girls played dress-up and make-up for a LONG time.
The policeman (Dad of Early Bird's girlfriend) left to go to work by 8pm. He did stop back to show the little girls how the lights work on the car.
So imagine that you've got some neighbors who moved in about a year ago and were relatively quiet. And then the next year they start having parties and the police come over. There goes the neighborhood!
1 comment:
Those trouble-making neighbors! Hope you got to see some of your neighbors with the nice weather.
Post a Comment