Friday, May 01, 2009

Littlest Ears

We have started reading Harry Potter - to both kids nonetheless! We're only a few pages in, so we'll see how it goes. I'm finding that I need to explain what some of the words mean - cloak, mustache, affect. Fortunately neither one cared what the "cigarette lighter" was that was turning off all of the lights on the street.

We also talked about how to try to imagine in your head what is happening, but Early Bird, "Did that for the first book, now he just listens to it." I wonder what that means?

Well back to the vocabulary lesson we were working on tonight...There was one other new word that I needed to explain - beard.
Me to Early Bird: Do you know what a beard is?
EB: no
Me: It is hair that grows here. (and pointed to his chin and cheeks - they are so soft, I hope he never scuffs them up with a beard!)
EB: OHHHHH - Leah has one of those!
Me: Who? (Giggling and already knowing the answer - and yes, I know Leah spells her name differently- I just want her to have some anonymity in this true story.)
EB: I heard Leah ask Sandy if she had a beard.
Me: ohhhh. How did you hear that?
EB: I was supposed to be taking a nap, but I wasn't sleeping.
EB: Ohhh and sometimes the hair from your head goes there too.

So Sandy, I guess he must be ready to give up the naps!

For the rest of you Leah is Sandy's eldest daugther, who is about 23 and apparently stopped to visit her mom for a bit.

No comments: