Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Jan 2010 rules

We are trying to move. So we/I created some rules for food this month:
  1. We will not dine out for the entire month of January. According to my money program, that will save $28 per week. YIKES! That is way to much!
  2. We will only buy groceries that will help us to use the groceries that we currently have in our house. (except fruit, veggies and milk.)
Sounds pretty simple. And so far so good. In fact I even signed up to make 2 cakes so that I can make up the boxes that I have in the pantry. I made chocolate cupcakes with a pb and sw condensed milk filling. We'll top it off with some pb/chocolate frosting. The only thing that I had to buy for that was the chocolate frosting.

The second looks like it is going to be a 2 layer chocolate cake with a chocolate carmel filling and frosting. I'll use the same can of frosting b/c I'm going to mix it with the carmel. Maybe I should see if some of the carmel will fill into the cake.

That might be good - gotta go try it....

4 comments:

Cari said...

I love your thinking. Good luck with the move! Do you have a date set?

Grandma G said...

That sounds like a good plan. When you've got your pantry cleaned out you can come here for a week and work on mine!

Jen said...

When you're ready to look at new recipes again, I have a couple of really good ones to share!

Heidi said...

That is a really good idea! We have so much food we should try it to. I would hate to figure what we spend in fast food.