Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A little bit of sweet?

Today was insanity!
I stayed up until 2 am to finish this book. I've been a bit disappointed in the last couple of books I've read....hmmm now that I think about it....I haven't read much since school started. But the one I did read was not terribly good. I think the climax was lower than the climb up to my house, which means that I put it down in the middle of the climax. I'd tell you what to avoid, but I can't remember! Sorry!

So the day began at  yesterday atended at  2 am. Well, not really b/c then I had to stop thinking out it so it was really more like 2:50.

A week or so a friend called and invited us to a bakery to decorate a gingerbread house. And after once having a cat whose name was Gingerbread...Why not?!

It comes with lights and was assembled...Of course. The idea of it happening on a Tuesday was not appealling; Lego league is at 6pm. But it sounded fun!

And someone said there would be wine.

I originally thought I'd bring my 2 kids. Then decided that The Early Bird has had too many The Berry Princess hasn't had enough only child expriences. So she and I went by ourselves. Unfair you say? He got to make a catapault at Boy Scout; she didn't!

There was no wine, and there was Lego league at 6pm. We started at 4pm. At 5:15 I wondered if some time might have passed. Much to my dismay, it had! 1 hour and 15 minutes! YIKES!

We had WONDERFUL hosts...They bought subway and clam dip for dinner.

AND we got to use all kinds of super fun decorations on our house! I wish I could post pictures of the final product. I thought that the begining product looked GREAT! Lights and all!



I've never really done a gingerbread house, so I used 3 bags of icing. And I certainly haven't done it with the help of a 4 YO. I would have made it look different!

But you can't beat having someone else clean up the mess. I do believe that they call this one of those priceless experiences.

I barely made it out in time to get to Lego League. I'll have to post final pictures after I pick up the house. (And I'll have to post midway pictures at some point when blogger will let me! Sorry Sandy!)

I'd ask if you like it, but I don't care. We had such a good time!

Who wants to come with us next year?

And now it is after 10...so that is all that I have time for tonight!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ohhh, that does look like fun..... and messy. Good thing that you didn't have to do the clean-up. It would have made you really late for lego league.