Sunday, February 24, 2008

E Week

I know you all forgot to put it on your calendar, but last week was Engineering week. It is always celebrated during the week of Presidents day, b/c the first President of the US was an engineer (of roads- I think).

The local engineers - yes, they are all guys- decided to hold a press conference in La Crosse. They let me know about it Wed night and asked if I could bring some of the Lego kids over for Thursday at 10AM. Being the crazy person I am, I found a vehicle that could hold us legally and got permission for them and me to miss class for about 1.5 hours to go to a press conference. We all got out to the van and the garage door wouldn't open. . . being the engineers we were, we tried again and it worked! We got there just in time and they were really the only kids there. If we hadn't been there, it would have been mighty boring! The newspaper sent a reporter, as did Channel 19 - where Pete used to work.

Here's a link to the Tribune article: http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2008/02/22/news/zz07engineering22.txt

Also the clip they showed on the news at 6, 10 and 6AM at channel 19. Most of the kids you will see are on my Lego team.

I hope I've properly cited and given credit to Channel 19 as the source of the video data.

If you would like more info on FIRST, http://www.usfirst.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Becky. Getting your kids involved in the community and making the local news - how exciting!!