Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Newsworthy?

I know I haven't updated in a while. . . There's been a lot going on around here.

Professionally, I've convinced a guy to have a high school robotics team for La Crescent and attended an engineering meeting. Did you know that there were 197 openings posted in Wisconsin Technical College and only 60 graduates in the state of Wisconsin! That is a lot of jobs and not many people to fill it. On the down swing of school, we are facing a round of cuts again. The legislators were saying 4% increase and then only came through with 2%. Some of the poor districts, like Minetonka got more generous increases. At least that is the word from the Supt office. I'm sure the cuts have nothing to do with the $150,000 we've spent this year on new technology or the 3 new positions added that don't have any student contact! And on the absolute low point for our school. We lost one of our students (a junior I had last year) to suicide on Valentine's day. Friday was a tough day all around the entire building. After the long weekend, the students came back and were pretty much normal.

On the homefront, we don't really have anything new going on. . .

Yeah, nothing new because it just keeps snowing and snowing and snowing and snowing. Did I think it is snowing right now! It snows every 4-5 days - never a snow day - just a about 4-6 inches. In fact, they said on the news this morning that we have not broken the record for the snowiest 365 days. We've only gotten 90 inches, and we needed 96 to break the record!




I mention that it doesn't stop snowing? My back is in such good shape from shovelling that I could lift Pete! It is so high right next to the driveways and roads that they did a story about how we could have some major accidents, because of the blocked visibility. One would think that a story like that would lead to a tragic story of an accident. . . but there hasn't been any. So just be careful.



Here's my new favorite email attachment:
This came via Eastern Wisonsin, where I'm pretty sure they are more tired of it than us.


I just hope y'all aren't jealous of all the pretty white stuff we have here!
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
- NEXT Winter!

No comments: