Thursday, November 12, 2009

For the Love of Yellow!

I wanted to try to get the whole event into 1 picture.




I know it is sort of an odd picture.


So let me point out a few things to look for here:
  • Yellow paint on the wall
  • Daddy's back in the bottom of the picture.
  • A little girl sitting hunched over in the time-spot. 
The good things:
  • The paint on the wall is a very light yellow.
  • It is yellow crayon.
  • We have a crayon-soluble cleaner at home.
  • We needed a time to start making bedtime prayer a habit.
  • She can stay in the lines.
  • It is yellow!


Concerns:
  •  Why don't Dad's grab the camera for photo opps like this?

6 comments:

Grandma G said...

Dad's probably trying to remove the yellow from the floor while his wife is taking advantage of the great photo op?
Interesting how a 3-year-old does such a great job of coloring and is not recognized for the artistic talent. (Grandma's always find the good in everything a grandchild does.)
I don't recall any coloring jobs like that in this house a generation ago, or did I miss something???

Brenda said...

Yes, she did a fabulous job of staying in the lines!

Jen said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cari said...

We've had similar incidences (see our http://lxramseier.blogspot.com/2009/09/catch-up-time.html post). For some reason, the statement "only draw on paper" is viewed as "optional."

B Haack said...

For the record... I think it came on the X chromosome she got from her dad. I recall hearing a story about something in his past!

Heidi said...

I needed that laugh! Thanks1