Monday, February 15, 2010

Ingenious or Lazy?

You tell me which one he is...

Early Bird is nearing his 100th day of school at the end of the week. I, in my 25th year of K-12 education have never celebrated this huge holiday. The assignment that came home was for each student to collect 100 of "something small" and count them out and put them into a sandwich bag. On Friday, he suggested that he use pieces from his puzzle I go him last week to keep him busy during all of the funeral business. My response was "No, you're not taking some of the pieces from your puzzle!" with 5 house guests coming to town and a house that we had literally never cleaned....we put it way for another day.

Well, that day came today at dinner when I asked what his homework was. We rifled through the folder and still found this 100 day assignment. It is due on Thursday. I asked what he wanted to use for his 100 days thing. He again suggested that he use his puzzle. My response, "but you don't want to take some of the pieces from your puzzle... Do you?" "No, Mom! It isn't some of the pieces. It is ALL of them. Then it is easy!" I'm feeling a bit guilty....but he's such a counter....Brian, what do you think....How's his math?

Don't worry, Mrs. Kroner, we'll do lots of counting to 100 - just not with little thingies!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hilarious! I would have him count the pieces, "just to make sure the toy company counted right," and then call it done.

Beth said...

brilliant!

Heidi said...

Brian says indigenous. I told him that wasn't one of the options..... we all know he's not a reader :)

We both vote ingenious! He was going to do the assignment, he just found a great way to do it!