Over the course of the week, you’ll
So here's the first one!
“OMG! He's going to die of a brain infection! Meningitis is SO serious! I wonder if it is bacterial or viral. I hope it is bacterial; at least then they can do something. How fast can we drive over the pike?"
Yep - totally overreacted! Unfortunately, my biology background and love of reading gross, real infextions lead me to think that he must have meningitis. On Saturday afternoon when we got back from a track meet at 85 degree humid weather. Early Bird had a headache. His right ear had hurt on Friday and been diagnosed with swimmer's ear. On Saturday it had migrated to both ears, his head, and he was seeing dots! I took him in to urgent care, while hydrating. Once there, he perked right up - just like he always does!
Darned that "bacteria wanted" assignment. I've read way to many projects!
It was just a double swimmer's ear and already-cured dehydration.
I know, TMI, but he peed in the ER.
And he wears his patient band with PRIDE!
No comments:
Post a Comment