This year I took time off to go to the elementary school sing-a-long. Mom met me at home for lunch before hand. And we got there in time for her to get a seat. The "big" gym was packed beyond fire code!
It was a good year to be there. Early Bird was 1 of 4 of the 88 first graders who got to play the finger bells during their song. Had we known, like he did, we would have had him wear something other than green work out pants. But they were having a party, and he "had" to wear red and green.
It would be great if he had been selected for the position based on some sort of musical talent. However, that was not the case. He was the line leader for the week. That is also why he walked in holding hands with the teacher.
Since I mentioned Mrs. T, I must say that she is absolutely fantastic! That morning I did a couple of demos in her classrooom. And I saw so many of the same behaviors in her room that I will see in my room in 8 or 9 years. Although I got very little personal leave time on my "personal" day, it was so much fun!

2 comments:
I was so happy to be there for the sing-a-long. The non-dressed-up factor didn't seem unusual because most of the students were dressed very casual. And I was very proud of my grandson!!!
Sounds like a great day!
Post a Comment