Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sweetest Son

Tonight I had both kids to put to bed while Hubby was at a church meeting. I decided that we could read on of our Dr. Seuss books to celebrate his birthday yesterday. Early Bird's eyes raised up. . .

"Ohhhh no. We can't read that one."

"why not?"


"because I hid it from you until tomorrow."

(By now I had figured out that the book that I bought at a garage sale was a birthday present for myself.)

"I wrapped it up and put it away so you can't see it.

Remember how you said that you really liked that book when you were a kid?"

"Yeah." (1 fish 2 fish Red fish Blue fish is a good book - even now)


"I got it for you for your birthday."

2 comments:

Jen said...

OOOhhh, how sweet!

Grandma G said...

"Tis better to give than to receive." And that works for special birthday gifts, too. Love that boy!!!