“OHHHHH MY GOSH!!!! I’m going to let my kid die AGAIN! Can I grab him? No! Now what? Just hang on like he is! OOOOOH MY GOSH!!!!!”
This one was real…when on vacation, like we were when we were here….I like to see what opportunities arise and take them. This time, I saw a sign that said Hurricane, must be 48 inches to ride.
My thought then was “ehhhh he’s a 48.1 inch kid, so let’s go!” (Note to self: check on things first! Duh, you're the MOM!)
So we went.
And we waited
and waited
and waited….I asked a young-just-married,-in-my-cute-little-bikini girl who was waiting with us “how long is this line going to take?” “15 minutes” Or at least that was part of her answer; I’ll leave out the part that she said “from that point up there” and pointed to the next landing. “and if this is your first time, it is totally worth the wait.”
So we waited….about 30 or so minutes…for the ride from ____!!!!
Seriously.
It required a tube that would carry 4 people and had a maximum weight of 650 lbs and 4 people. The warning was that death could result if we went over 650lbs. My thought was “I’m bringing a kid who only weighs 51 lbs. And I know this b/c we weighed him yesterday and I did the Metric, to English conversion yesterday.”
I was blessed cursed with being able to see the terrified, excited kid that I had placed into a perilous excititng position of riding a ride called the HURRICANE! It was at that point that I realized that it really is a good thing to have the kid on a tube with his back to you so you don’t personally have to see the terror enjoyment.
Since you have not yet read the obit or read the news of the bad parenting, you have realized that we all survived. Not just survived…. “Dad, have you gotten to ride the most scary ride? Nope, but I did. Do you want to come with me next time?”
Me: “Whew…I’m not the worst person in the world! And boy do they know their physics!"
I do wonder if the cute-just-married-girl-in-the-bikini is rethinking her answer, b/c she got to see his face on the ride. And she got to see his bony knuckles holding onto the tube.
I really wonder.
1 comment:
And did Dad get to go on the scariest ride there with his estatic son?
Post a Comment