Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Fools' Day 2012

Today was cupcakes for lunch! 

While the Hubby took the kids to Sunday School, I stayed home and made a very special lunch - Cupcakes! I even used the timer on the oven so that they'd be ready for just the time we got home. Then I added the "frosting" when I got home. 


I must say I'm pretty surprised at how much they look like real cupcakes! 


One girl was so super excited to be eating cupcakes for lunch. Note the post-it right in front of her - That is the tally for who has the most April Fools that they played. Since she was so excited, she dug right in with her fingers. She quickly figured out that it was colored mash potatoes. 

Early Bird on the other hand was much less excited. Not a cupcake (particularly the frosting) lover to begin with, he was refusing to eat. Even after his sister told him how good it was, he still pushed his plate away. Who would have thought?! Not me! 
 Video Monkey got out the ketchup for his "cupcake." Still the boy wouldn't give it a TASTE! Finally we had to ask if he liked meatballs. Then and only then did we get this pleasant response for all of my time in the kitchen!:
 
He only ate 1 cupcake and wouldn't even lick his fingers to get the mashed potatoes off! He did NOT enjoy being Fooled! I think he did however appreciate the planning it took!

I did get a bonus April Fools' point for pureeing veggies to put in it - Video Monkeys are allergic to asparagus.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HAHAHAHA I love it. Are video monkeys *actually* allergic to asparagus, or do they simply claim that in order to avoid eating it? Too funny that EB didn't enjoy being fooled, for all the fooling he enjoyed doing! :-)