
Stickie Wickies - The Easter bunny gave the kids some equipment to use in the kitchen. So we put that equipment to good use and modified a version of Mom's Stickie Wickies - we added pb, pb chips and milk chips to the normal recipe. Just in case you haven't heard of stickie wickies - you'll find the recipe on the bag of marshmallows or the box of rice cereal!
Birthday Parties - We also had Cousin's birthday yesterday. What fun! It was just like I remembered birthday parties. . . Moms and Grandmas have good conversation and snacks in the kitchen. The kids played with all of the new toys. The dads and grandpas took naps - except the dad who is still a kid!
Secrets - When daughter tells secrets she pulls her lips in and looks just like Grandma did when she took out her teeth. Grandma's birthday would have been last week. I miss butchering chickens with Grandma while she taught us to count and swear in German. . .aaahhhh, the good old days.
Resourcefulness - Everytime I've had a super stain, I've thought back to Mom cleaning out Brother's dirty diapers and scrubbing at the stains he got on his clothes. So I got to test my cleaning skills tonight . . . I stepped away from the bath for a very short time tonight and hear "Mom, Poop!" "What?" Yes - the baby pooped in the bath tub. How do you pick up the poop from the bath tub? With a baggie of course! Mom, did you ever have to do that?
More secrets - Daddy was gone tonight, and Son couldn't wait to tell his daddy about "Poop in the bath tub." I didn't want him to know. So he agreed to wait. . . he decided we could wait until daddy's birthday - July or the next St. Patrick's day! I thought St. Patrick's day sounded good. . . I'm sure Daddy will know 5 minutes after Son is up in the morning.
We'll, it has been great taking you back to some childhood memories.
4 comments:
ahhh: sticky wickies, butching chickens, and Grandma... I thought about her birthday last week, too.
Yes, nieces - your grandmother would have been 103 last week. I also occasionally remember butchering chickens and the laughs we had.
I suspect that I had to clean up some poop in the bathtub sometime during the bathing processes, but I don't specifically recall it. That's the good part about getting older. . . one can remember only the good stuff!
Do you keep baggies in the bathroom for these types of emergencies? I haven't needed them, but I was a bit worried tonight as the bubbles started rising - and they weren't coming from the squishy penguin, either.
Post a Comment