Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby Pox

So the Berry Princess had a tough Memorial day. We went biking, and unbeknownst to us she had a fever. When we got home and checked her out, the fever was 101.3°F - and we thought she was just grouchy. She also had spots all over her legs. I called the triage nurse and they said I should bring her in the next 24 hours. Hubby diagnosed it as baby pox.

This morning she was happy, back to her ornery little self, and had no fever, but we went in. The nurse thought it might be chicken pox (even though she just had her vaccination 1 month ago today), the resident Dr. thought it looked like it might be poison ivy (even though she hadn't been anywhere outside except our front yard before it appeared.) and finally the faculty Dr said it was virus undefined.

So she and the 3 other little ones at daycare have all had this - Baby Pox. Guess they can all be spotted together.

I'm sure Hubby is so proud of himself. Yes, dear you were right.

No comments: