Thursday, July 17, 2008

In a bind

I've found the perfect recipe for when your kids (or husband) says, "I need to bring treats to work with me for my birthday the day after tomorrow." This works particularly well when you don't have enough butter to make cookies, enough chocolate for brownies and a determination to make what you have in your kitchen work. It also works well when you call your mom and ask her advice, and she says, "You need a treat tomorrow, and it is 7 at night?!" So here it is, Mom, the cure all! I'll bet it would be a great hit at coffee hour, too!

So here it is . . . A-Z bread . . . The key to solving all of these problems. In fact, I'm not yet sure which of these we'll make for said Husband's birthday treats. I've got honey, applesauce, blueberries, prunes, a banana, 2 oranges, an apple, a few flavors of yogurt. I'll leave that decision up to him. . . or at least I'll let him have some input as to the decision. I'd like to do a combination; I think it creates more interest.

Last time I used the recipe I made blackberry with strawberry apple sauce. . . It was quite good. The Sunday school kids ate all of it quite quickly.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It's genius!

B Haack said...

So it is made and sent into work. I chose blueberry applesauce and it was good.