I'm sure you don't want a recipe after that last posting, but this is not the cause of our illness. Although I don't know what was the cause. . . fish?
I just have to share one of my favorites. I made this last week for a get together with some friends. . . I know, I know, get back up off the floor, but yes, we have friends, we do! Anyway this makes a such a pretty presentation without much work . . . Okay, it does take some time, but it is pretty.
Fruit Pizza
I didn't have regular cream cheese on hand, so I used fat free strawberry cream cheese and didn't add the vanilla.
I also didn't have any sugar cookie dough on hand, so I had to make Dawn's Grandma's sugar cookie recipe. It is really the best sugar cookie recipe that I've ever had. (I also didn't have time for the dough to refridgerate, so I just poured it into the pan. I really over estimated and got a really thick crust!)
Dawn Ramaker's Grandma's sugar cookie recipe (works well to double)
Cream these:
1c butter softened
1c sugar
2 eggs
Add:
1t vanilla
Add:
1/2t salt
1/2t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
Add:
3c flour
Refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
Roll out, cut and bake @ 350°F for about 8 min.
Cool and frost.
After reading all of the modifications that I made, I guess all that was Martha's was the glaze!
(Editorial note: in my search for the above link, I found this oatmeal dough recipe that looks a bit healthier. I think I might try this one out. )
No comments:
Post a Comment