Monday, August 10, 2009

Are we handy yet?

I've been feeling somewhat lazy lately, so I went out and got some projects to do around the house. As of tonight we've finished 2 separate projects!

I walked into Home Depot with the idea that I needed to do a project. I wasn't sure which one on my list would really get materials. The clothes lines won! I bought some clothes line and some wood to put up 2 new posts (one was leaning inward after the flooding from 2 years ago.) We dug out one of them. The other had about 3 feet diameter of concrete 2 inches under ground. So we opted to leave it and just replace the broken one. They won't match - I refuse to paint the new one white.

While at HD I saw a swingset kit with nearly everything included, so I went back and bought it on Friday. It said that it would take 1-2 hours to assemble. I figured that I could get it done before Hubby got home that evening. Several inches of rain later, we had a kit in the box in the garage! So we started on Sunday afternoon and finished tonight - Monday night! I think they meant to say 1-2 days! Just so you don't think we are totally incompetent - there were missing washers and some wood was bent, so we had to get washers and cut some new 2 X 4's. Good think I had bought some for the clothes line! We did have some left over peices; I'm not sure what some of them are for. I did use some of the wood screws for the clothes line!

Actually the clothes line is nearly finished. The mosquitos drove me away before I could get the lines knotted up on the clothes line.



Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Look what we built!

Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That looks like fun... can we come over and play?

B Haack said...

Sure you can come over and play on the swingset - and you can hang things on the clothes lines!

Brenda said...

Looks like fun. Too bad these weren't up last month so we could enjoy them, too! Good work!

B Haack said...

You could have enjoyed the OLD clothes lines!