Friday, August 28, 2009

County Fair Brag Board

Click to play this Smilebox scrap pages: Brown County Fair 09
Create your own scrap pages - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrap pages

I realized that I'm not sure if I have mentioned the award winning strong legs we have here. My Dad suggested that we try to get to the fair before 1pm on Friday so that Early Bird could be in the tractor pull, so we napped in the am and planned to stay for the combine derby at 7pm. The tractor pull is a chance for kids to show how hard they can pedal a tractor.

There is a participation ribbon for those who are 3 and under - Berry Princess with the help of the guys running it made it 13 feet. She won her very own ribbon! I would bet she could win a ribbon next year, too, but we'll have to see!

Early Bird was in the 5 year old group - and they give out trophys to the top 3 pullers. There were 14 5yo's. He pulled 31 feet 1 inch. I was quite impressed. One person after him pulled further than he did. He had a chance for a trophy. Could he do it? He did! He got 3rd place and is eligible to compete at the state pedal tractor pull!

But really everyone is a winner with a Dr Pepper, a Dairy pencil and a coupon for a free milk shake.

No comments: