Sunday, August 23, 2009

Movie News

Today we were going to sit down and watch W, and this preview came on for movie about New Ulm, population 13,975 - according to the sign.

Now we haven't seen the movie itself, just the preview, but I learned a few things about New Ulm that I didn't know before.
  • According to the local accents, it is located further north than I remember.
  • Everyone is a scrapper!
  • You light a fire by flicking a switch.
  • It is located in the middle of no where! (Would it be better to be on the edge of no where?)

It is on our cue to see soon! Who has seen it? Did you like it? Don't give away the ending.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I learned about this movie the same week as I heard on CNN about another local family who kidnapped her son so he wouldn't have to have some medical treatment.

Then the New Ulm movie was showing on the airplane last month. We saw most of it and you're right about the Northern accents. I did a bit of research and found out that it was filmed in Manitoba. The plot is quite exaggerated, but not terrible. It doesn't really paint a positive picture of rural life, but what movies these days do that?