Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Because You Asked

1. Mom was really close with the finger painting on EB's belly. Some time we got finger painting soaps from BandH. Here EB is mixing red, blue and yellow together to see what color they make - ultimately it turns brown. Even color mixing hasn't changed since I was a kid.

2. Evidently I don't know how old my children are! I do realize that the Early Bird will turn 5 on Labor day! In fact I can remember what I was doing on this evening 5 years ago. I was pretty much ready for school to start, so in the evenings I had time to do stuff. In preparing for the start of a busy school year I made a lasagna that we could then put in the freezer and eat when we came home from work and didn't want to cook. Instead it sat in the freezer, people brought us lots of great freezer food, and we ate hospital food for about 3 weeks! It really wasn't bad - in fact it was quite good! Maybe we should go get some of that hospital food sometime! You think I'm kidding - the maternity moms get the best treatment . . . order off a huge menu or make any order you want. It was delicious! Okay, so we don't really want to go back, but the free cheese cake they give away with each baby was so good, too! OHH I just did the math. . .apparently it is cheaper to buy a cheesecake than it is to have a baby. Maybe we'll just buy one - a cheesecake I mean. No babies for me - I can't even remember how old they are!

3. Teaching in September - So nobody asked, but I know you really wanted to know. Just like you really wanted to know all of the other super important stuff I ramble on about here. But I just need to let the the non teachers know. . . It just isn't fun - the topics are boring - routines, metric system, scientific method - let's do something fun! So we're going to explode some film canisters on the first day. I don't know most of the kids - I do know some - I have all of the neighbor kids - weird. Hugh? But teaching gets so much more fun when we've had that first test, reality of studying hits, and we get into some real content - the wonderful world of physics and ecology. Speaking of ecology, I hear the coyotes right now! Just a reminder that we're not at the top of the food chain. Good thing we've evolved enough to protect our selves.

No comments: