Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Been there, Seen that

I get 2 days each week to do whatever I want - I have to pay for daycare anyway. So here's how those 2 days go. I wake up with kisses from the already dressed-and-ready-to-go kids. Then I get up and get on my bike. By then it is 7:35. I ride into town for 60 minutes of Pilates and then a ride back home. By then it is 9:30, and I've gotten nothing done!

So here's some of the things I've seen on my bike rides: I'd have put this to music with the 12 days of Christmas, but I don't see 10 of anything - much less 12!

5 smashed turtles
4 Mountain Dew bottles
3 Diet Pepsi's
3 slimy snakes
1 smashed beer can
1 fish - on the road - the one that got away.
1 fly-covered, bloated deer
1 Christmas tree
and 1 electrical cord - I think it used to be attached to a lamp or something

This really is truly the things I've seen on my rides.

Boy, don't you feel so much smarter now that you've read this list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, that's just gross, lol! BTW, my hubby is impressed with the track times. He's more of a long distance running guy.