Okay, nothing really exciting going on here.
We did go on a long bike ride on Saturday, stopped in the park for a picnic lunch and then rode a bit more and came back for ice cream. The table we sat at had newspaper clippings from the MN state basketball tourney in 1986. Remember the days - the shorts were short, the socks were tall, the hair was long and there were mustaches! But I digress. . . So I was in 6th grade and don't remember a moment of the state basketball tourney. Apparently they (Peterson Tigers) beat the Springfield Tigers in the consolation game. Remember that Heidi? I think you were about 6 right?
And I said we didn't have anything exciting going on! Can you top that?
On our way back home we stopped in Houston. (While we were close we stopped to see the Kochens, but they were nowhere around!) They have a cute little hotel and Mom's looking for a good place to stay. I went to check out the facilities. They have many of the things Mom's looking for, so I called aforementioned Mom and told her about the hotel. She called, them explained her story and started to make the reservation. She gave her phone number and then said "I suppose you'd like my address." The hotel concierge said, "I bet you live out there by Lone Tree Lake." Which they do! So how did the hotel person know where they lived? ? ?
Ends up that Mom was talking to the mom of a family of students I've had in class. They have a very Sleepy Eye name and our hockey team always takes 1/2 day of school to go over to Sleepy Eye for a guaranteed win. Eldest daughter and I got to talking. Then, her mom and I got to talking at conferences. Short story long. . . .So it ends up that the mom that Mom was talking to had grandparents who lived about 1 mile from Mom and Dad's farm! She used to be a Selner. Or at least was from Sleepy Eye!
Did you keep all of the Moms straight in that story? My hubby didn't know where Lone Tree Lake is. We'll have to show you the near lake front property that Mom and Dad call home!
No comments:
Post a Comment