On Monday the Men's club in our church moved the pastor and his wife into a new (incredibly nice) home in the apple orchard part of town. One of the women was going to do all of the cooking for the Men's group, so I volunteered to help. I made a dessert. This is one that is abolutely delightful. This dialogue was too good to not include. You have to admit you would have given this guy the recipe!
Here's the request for the recipe: "Prithee, queen of the wonderful "chocolate death", would it be possible to wrest from you the recipe for your grande collection of calories presented to the peasants after moving his lord and ladyship to their new castle?"
Here's the highly scientific and incredibly difficult recipe to make:
1. crush 1 container of oreos - Take out 1 for each person who is helping so they can eat it while you take out your frustrations on the oreos - Maybe you should get 2. I use reduced fat oreos to make it healthy!
2. add some melted butter - 3-5 Tbs.
3. put in bottom of 9X13 pan. Freeze - or if you're running low on time skip this freezing step.
4. Put softened ice cream on top of the oreos - use as much as you'd like - I like chocolate. A minty kind is also good.
5. Put some peanuts on it. Or not if you don't like them.
6. Freeze this over night or 12 hours or so.
7. Melt a jar of hot fudge and put on top. I like Mrs. Richards, because that is what Mom says works best.
8. Then it really needs to be frozen in a deep freeze. The self-cleaning freezers might make it mushy.
I remember when Aunt Ruth used to make this for Kara's birthday . . . several years in a row. And my disappointment when Kara asked for something else. Wish I had known that before we got there. . . . No, you won't be having this for our next birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment