Saturday, August 23, 2008

BP Talk

Our Berry Princess is really learning to talk this summer. If you have the wonderful opportunity of sitting down and having a conversation, you really should have a manual to translate it into English. So here's a few pieces of the manual:

mup = milk

No = no or nose

ice = eyes

T = teeth

gabye = good bye

ewmo = Elmo - which means time to change the Elmo diaper, I want to brush my teeth with the Elmo toothbrush, I'll take a bath with the Elmo soap. I can't wait to see how she reacts to the Elmo cake!

Dada = Daddy - particularly when looking at the blog picture.

Mama = is anybody around? That's my mama.

And by far the most frequently spoken word is . . . "my," which is a polysemous, meaning its meaning changes depending upon the context. "Is that mine?," "mine," "Can I have that?," "I'm taking that from you." "It's mine!!"

I just returned from a vocab teaching workshop with Anita Archer and learned the word polysemous. Who would have guessed that I'd be able to use it so quickly?

No comments: