Last week I was teaching about the metric prefixes to my freshmen students who were born in 1993 and 1994. When I started college in 1993, I got to buy with my room and board a 486kb computer. (None of them was born yet!) Someone mentioned that they had a zip drive with 512Mb of storage in their pocket. (One thousand times the storage of my aforementioned computer!) Then someone said that they had a 2Gb zip drive in their pocket. (One thousand times bigger yet!)
Feeling old, I said "You're making me feel old!" To which someone replied, "You're not as old as my mom. She's 33!" HHHHHhhhhhhhuuuuuuump. Trying to make me feel better, someone else said, "Well, you've had 3 kids, we just don't expect that much anymore." I don't know what that means. I did ask her to stop talking. Me, my Hubby and my 2 kids are quite happy!
2 comments:
Good to hear they don't expect much from someone who's had THREE kids.
And how old should your mom be if you're under 33? About 48, right?
bwahahahah! I'm ooodles younger than you!
Post a Comment