See - A BIG snapping turtle walking down the side of the trail. No feeling here! Although I be it was feeling pretty scared!
Feel - Natural selection at work when we drove over the slow grasshoppers.
Smell - Freshly smashed bug in the nose
See - Fall wild flowers taller than I!
Taste - 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich in the forest. Several bugs tasted us while during supper tonight.
Hear - Someone playing a battery operated TV at the picnic site. She wouldn't even look at us!
Feel - The wind whipping around us as we went down the really big hill! Also the burn of the legs when we went UP the hill!
See - The sun reflecting off of the Root River
Hear - A little girl behind me saying, "Mama, Mama Go! Mama, Mama Go!"
Feel - Absence of legs.
Hear - "I had to push Daddy the whole time!"
I'm sure your figured out that we went on a bike ride tonight. We left work on time and made a delictible dinner of PB and J and PB and honey sandwiches and took them out for a picnic. Of course, we didn't drive far, so we were in Houston. 3.5 miles in there's a HUGE HILL! I think I lost my senses! I make it about 10 feet and then realize there isn't a lower gear, I didn't make it up one side! And pant my way to the top - pushing the bike the whole way. Would you feel more sorry for me in you knew I was pulling all of the picnic and the 30 pound almost 2 year old in a trailer behind me? This was the first time that we went all the way over the hill to a picnic spot about 6.4 miles in. It is by far the longest, most exhausting ride I've ever done. (The website calls them relatively steep hills. What would be steep!) I did make it up on the way back, but I was in gear 1-1 and couldn't talk!
On the good side - we rode by 2 campgrounds. One is at the Houston Co Nature Center and is in a pretty little park. The other is at the base of the aforementioned hill - it is private and has a playground. It would be great to have anyone who camps come and stay nearby! Maybe we'll try it next year.
I wonder if that was the last ride of the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment