Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Men's Conversation

So Hubby met 2 super nice guys - you know the kind you want your husband to hang around with - for Sunday night football. Apparently they talked about the families. One has 3 beautiful girls after having 3 miscarriages; one has a girl 3 years old and a boy 6 weeks old.


Apparently the conversation turned to the big man's surgery - the big V. The one with 3 girls was telling them all about it, as he had his last month. (And look at that he's already out with the guys!) The other (with the 6 week old) thought about scheduling it for the end of the month, so it could be on this insurance year. They opted not to have it yet.



When I asked what the 6 week old baby's name was . . . . "Shawn William Joseph Alexander" was the reply. . . ."Ohhhh, I don't know. . . . I knew I wouldn't remember it anyway."



They talked about vasectomy, but not the name of the new baby!



I guess that is why we are in the marriage class and learning about differences between men and women - one of them is details! Yep - the guy from the class is right!



I'm a little sad. I kind of liked Shawn William Joseph Alexander :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you really like that name you could have another wee one. =) Unless your hubby has already had the big V...

I know what you mean about details..
Me: What did the dr say?
He: Jayden's on medicine.
Me: What for? What is it?
He: I don't know.

Jen said...

Too bad both of the upcoming babies in your family are girls! No Shawn William Joseph Alexander on the way! ALTHOUGH... my IUD was supposed to be more effective than your husband's vasectomy, so you just never know!!

B Haack said...

This is why I go to my kids' dr appointments! That and the kids' dr is my dr. If we had a boy he'd be Clayton Karl - after our grandpas. No big V yet - stay posted for more info!

I thought about the girls - how about Shawna Willis Josephine Alexis?! Am I any where close? Can I buy a vowel?

I won't have to wait too much longer for baby meimei/pineapple.

Brenda said...

If we're playing hang man, you've already gotten the vowels correct, but you're completely off on the consonants. You'll know soon about this one!

Are you really going to write about the big V??

Heidi said...

If we're playing hangman, you have to tell us where the vowels are.....

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ____

Brenda said...

Heidi, you've got the wrong number of spaces.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I know the name! Kevin totally slipped up and told me (I didn't even try to trick him) But I'm not telling until she's officially been named. I'm guessing she should be out and about by now, we're waiting for a text message......