Tomorrow, we are going to work on the Toy Reduction Act of 2008. Did you know that there are kids who only got 1 toy for Christmas this year? I'm sure that there was one, so I'm not really a liar. Am I? Tomorrow we are going through both kids' rooms and giving away a few things.
I'm going to try and leave it up to them, although I'm sure I'll be able to sneak in quite a few happy meal toys. It will be hard to part with things. I find myself thinking, "but __ gave that to you!" I need to just get over it; it is just stuff! Stuff that sits on the shelf. We will always have pictures of the stuff - and they take up much less space on my computer!
According to Pastor Scott this morning, a gift is to be enjoyed, rather than sitting on a shelf collecting dust. So we need to get out our gifts (past and present) so we (or someone else) can enjoy them!
Goal = everything fits in the bookshelf or under the bed.
Now, I better get to bed and get ready for the big negotiations tomorrow. Early Bird (Who watches TV to wake up in the morning and eat his breakfast) said he's not going to watch ANY TV tomorrow. "I've got too much work to do!" So I guess that means that this starts at 6AM!
PS. I know some of you are still waiting for pictures of the trick-a-ma-stick players, but it will just have to wait! Those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, come back later!
PSS. We got 2 super cute letters in the mail this week. One was a Annual Report - complete with "Strategic Vision" - 2 kids got glasses and a Growth Report - apparently the kids are growing and the parents are not! The second was a 2-liner about how nothing happened in their lives, followed by a 1 page PS statement! FUN letters!
Now, really, good night!
2 comments:
Thanks for your fun letter that arrived a few days ago. I know mine will be a disappointment, but this is the first year I even attempted sending out anything ;)
Oh, a trick a ma stick! We made a homemade version of the cat in the hat game, of course there's no trick a mastick.
Good for you for clearing out stuff. Your sister is an inspiration to me in her selfrestraint when it comes to buying kids toys. Me, I go all out, much to my hubby's dismay.
Happy New Year!
She's always been a saver! She always had money so she could buy good stuff. I'm much more of a spender! Until more recently! I just have a small house!
Your card wasn't at all a disspointment. . . It was a great time to talk about Taipei 101 building! It was a gorgeous picture. We LOVE making the card!
Post a Comment