Sunday, January 18, 2009

Defined

Tonight Berry Princess and I were reading Pooh's New Clothes before bed. This is the 3rd time in 24 hours I've read the story, so I've pretty much got it down. Isn't it funny that I can read it out loud and be animated an yet not even know what is happening?

Tonight as I was reading she decided that "I Pooh!" She was Pooh in the story. Interesting. So who is Early Bird? "Dere" and she pointed to piglet - good characterization! And who is Mommy? "Dat" and she pointed at the wise owl - what a smart little girl I have. And who is Daddy? "Dat" and she pointed at Tigger - he is a Tigger! I think she got us right!

So just to clarify I asked again at the end of the story who everyone was. Apparently we had changed roles a bit. Now I was Eyore - maybe that is more true. And Daddy was now the formerly-wise owl.
Ohhhhh, well; guess you can't win 'em all. Some of us just aren't very good at that kind of thing anyway. I'll go find my tail.

So now the real question is. . . Which Pooh character are you? How about your kids? (Mom - please let her think that her Mommy is the wise owl!)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute. I'm trying to think who we are.

Whenever we're playing with things, Keanu always gives me the green one and says "Mommy car/train/toy". Why am I always green?