Saturday, January 17, 2009

Warm up

We've had 4 days off from school. I don't think I can remember having that many days off - ever. It hasn't happpened since I've been teaching and I don't even remember it from being in school.

This week we had 2 cold days. I had worked in extra 2 days for in my biology class - I was going to have them present some of the info they had found about the genetic disorders they had researched for a paper over the last few weeks. I guess we won't do that. So that is easy.

My physical science class on the other hand was to take their semester final last Thursday - the semeseter ends next Friday. So they take it on Monday. But the week-long building of a Rube-Goldberg machine... I'm not sure what to do about that. I don't think they can do it in 3 days instead of 6 days. I'll need to revisit this plan.

But on the home front. Thursday I did some planning for second semester and grading for first semester. Firday I did some playing and teaching with my kids in the house. The house is a mess. I showered a days ago. We have company coming for dinner tonight. We have to do some sledding in this balmy weather we are having. I guess I better get going!

No comments: