Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Anniversaries

I just realized that 1 year ago today I began my addiction to my computer. I read back over a few of the blog postings, and I'm glad that I've got these things written down. How else would I have been able to learn that Keanu's first art work went down the drain? One of the most memorable teaching moments was when one of my students found out that a particular Packer player had retired! It was quite a year of weather with all of the rain and the snow!

Speaking of snow. Remember the garbage guy who ran into the fence? I happened to be getting into the van one Tuesday morning when he was blocking my driveway and I decided to ask the him about the broken fence. He said, "I stopped by to apologize, but you weren't home." "When was that?" "Ohhhhh, one Saturday morning." "You mean the one that we got all of the snow on?" "No, hmmmmm." It was like talking one of the many conversations I've had with teenagers who hadn't done their home work. Whatever - I still need to fix it in the spring!

See, through this blog I have an interesting - maybe only to me - but nonetheless a journal of all of the really important things that have happened in my life. Go back and click on that one; it made me laugh out loud! I really wouldn't have remembered that if I hadn't written it here!

Here's what I've learned about a few of my friends and family that I wouldn't have otherwise known:

I also got to read about the lives of a few people I don't know, but can somewhat identify with:
  • Apparently parking close to my school is a privilege that I should not take for granted. Teachers, go read about this crazy school's system of parking passes. The craziness that they thought would solve the problem. It has a really good ending!
  • Be careful as to what kind of promises you make to friends. And writing letters of recommendation ain't all it is cracked up to be!
If you didn't click on the links to see the crazy stories I talked about here, you really missed out. Go back and click on some of those hot links. It might take some time, but it is well worth it! I'm giggling so much I might not be able to sleep!

So happy birthday to Grandma Great (tomorrow) and thanks for blogging with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! But out of all my amazing posts, you picked the ear one to highlight? sigh.