Friday, February 06, 2009

First Born

This is from facebook, and I like the efficiency of sharing with everyone at the same time!

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Already? okay I guess! SHHHHHH Let's keep it a secret!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
27 when we found out.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
stick in pee turned color - so did second one - go to store buy another pack - so did 3rd one!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Hubby.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes, but he didn't. . . He wanted to find chromosomal disorders, and I didn't. We both didn't our way.

9. DUE DATE?
Oct 23, 2003 Mole day - pretty significant day in the life of a chemistry teacher - Our principal even remembers mole day now!

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Only a couple of times!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Nothing. I didn't really want to eat.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I can't figure out an answer to this, so I asked my husband. . . he says "that it was hot outside." Yet I landscaped all around the house??

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
about 15

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Was the shower a surprise? no.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Not that I can REALLY remember. It was really just a complicated delivery at 32.5 weeks. I went into labor; they slowed it for 48 hours to get the steroids in to develop baby lungs.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
A hospital in La Crosse that gives all new families an absolutely fabulous cheesecake when they leave the hospital with a new baby.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
All of labor day weekend - Saturday at 5am until 8:45 on Labor day Monday -I was pretty drugged - only about 20-30 min of "real labor"

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Hubby

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Hubby, my Dr. made it just in time to "catch," (good thing she was on her way when they called or she wouldn't have made it!) the neonatologist, a couple of nurses, and the on-call Dr.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I guess so - something made me vomit a couple of times.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
4# 8 oz.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
Sept 1, 2003 (7.5 weeks early)

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Early Bird! We're not putting that online - but this is part of that he has this blog nickname!

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
5

No comments: