Tonight we both got home from work at the same time.
Me: Hi, honey! How was your day?
Hubby (he's a video guy at a hospital): Ohhhh Didn't go according to plan. I had to watch a guy get his trachea taken out. And __ (coworker) might still be in surgery when we're supposed to be at the banquet tonight.
Me: What? Well, I saw a kid get expelled today.
What a day!
His story - the quote was a bit misleading - Someone had cancer of the esophagus and had to have part of it removed and have his stomach pulled up into his chest cavity - a 10 hour procedure. (I pray for him. And wonder what that costs - they brought in the bariatric surgeons.) The video guys needed to video tape the procedure - and Hubby did part of that video work. Tonight they have a banquet they need to work - the other guy will be video taping the surgery so Hubby needs to be in 2 parts at the same time! I'm sure it will be fine - much better than losing part of your esophagus.
My story - I have lunch duty (You must have a definition of lunch duty - it involved 2 adults watching 2 30 minute shifts of 200 students eating and then milling around with nothing to do. They are terribly ill-equipped to handle these 30 minutes of free time and find all kinds of things to keep themselves busy - sneaking into the area behind the gym to have a cig, lifting dirty people into garbage cans, and putting gushers wrappers into the trophy case. I wish I were kidding - but I'm not. And on top of that they have no way to communicate with one another b/c they are face to face and can't have their cell phones! I still wish I were kidding! I've collected 3 in 2 weeks! Soooooo I pray for my sanity and count the weeks until it is over - 7.2 weeks!
Today I learned:
It's nice we don't stay in our teens for ever.
I like my esophagus.
It takes me a lot longer to say my stories than to tell his.
No comments:
Post a Comment