Monday, February 09, 2009

Random 25

Here's another thing I've been tagged to do in facebook. Apparently there's some directions I need to put in here that you can then copy into your set of 25 random things. I don't want to go look for those directions. You can go find them if you want. So here are 25 random things about me:
  1. I really like to write about stuff and think that an ordinary lives are very interesting.
  2. I didn't know that 13 months ago.
  3. I sing the ABC's to my kids at night, b/c I can't remember the words to ANY song.
  4. I really only read non fiction - unless it is with my kids.Then I go for fantasy books.
  5. I wish I could homeschool my kids, but couldn't have been a SAHM with toddlers.
  6. On the other hand I wouldn't be able to give up teaching my kids at school. I love most everything about it - except lunch duty.
  7. I am motivated by recognition! I prefer the good kind but negative is okay too . . . Currently I have the largest number of writeups this week - I collected 3 cell phones, found 1 vandal and 3 class-skippers!
  8. My feet hurt a lot. I can't wear cute shoes anymore.
  9. I love where I live.
  10. My husband is the most kind, caring person on the planet. So kind that I need to take care of the flies and spiders and lady beetles!
  11. I don't like toddlers. But at least you can hold 'em down to get 'em dressed. You can't do that to a teenager.
  12. My parents are my role models.
  13. I wish they lived closer.
  14. Lack of Motivation (aka laziness) is my pet peeve.
  15. My favorite part of teaching is getting to know the families in our community.
  16. I detest all chores that need to be repeated every or every week - dishes, making dinner, making breakfast, laundry.
  17. I like the novel tasks that only need to be done periodically - cleaning the windows, deep cleaning under the furniture, making food for gatherings where I'll be recognized - see #7!
  18. I wonder what it would have been like to have lived during the greatest generation - they are my absolute favorite group of people. There were no excuses - you just did it!
  19. I try to get too much done. All the time.
  20. My siblings are both teachers - our family values education.
  21. My sister teaches in Taiwan.
  22. My babies were both premies - I didn't do pregnancy well.
  23. I love to learn new things.
  24. I don't love to play with kids - unless I can teach them something new.
  25. I spend way too much time online - good night!

No comments: