Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pig Bladder

I'll bet that title gets you to read this posting! My husband thinks that this sounds fishy, so I know I need to back up and start at the beginning. Friday I went to a 4 hour lecture (minus the 10 min bathroom break and the 90 second stretch break) on the newest developments in genetics. It was super fascinating! I learned a lot.

Now about the pig bladders. Apparently guy cuts off his finger, brother sends him some pig bladder powder and the finger regrows. You've got to go read this article. Any article that is written on a website called boingboing.net has to have good information. Right? I doubted it too. So I followed some of the links in the comments. If you haven't yet taken the time to go read that article, at least take the time to read the comments. (Dad, you'll giggle for sure!)

I just have to copy my favorite "Manpig, manpig, does whatever a manpig does." Okay, back to the task at hand. . . looking at some of the other sources...How about "How Stuff Works"? The first line is good...informative article...apparently we produce this chemical when we were a fetus...not so funny comments. Sam Rhine, the presenter at the conference shared this video on his bibliography sheet.

1 comment:

Jen said...

wow - interesting!