Thursday, November 06, 2008

An Evening at the Improv

So you really have to know the story about Wordless Wednesday yesterday!

We've been known to frequent Subway on Sundays for lunch on Vikings game days. So it was this past Sunday. With the kid's meal came a "delightful" little prize. This time it was an iCarly mouse pad!

OHHHH, I know you're all super jealous of this prize.

Here's the conversation:

Early Bird: "What is it?"
Hubby: "A mouse pad."
EB: "Ahhhhh. . . . But I don't have a computer. "
And I'm thinking what a dumb prize for most any kid! What kid who orders a kid's meal is going to have a computer?
EB claps his hands with the mouse pad between his hands.
EB: "OHHH but it makes a loud clapping sound!"
10 seconds pass . . . .
EB: "I can make a computer!" At which point he got some computer paper to make the background and some blocks to make the keyboard.

How do some people have the ability to see joy in even the dumbest stuff? I need to keep this kid around. He's mister positive.

No! We weren't really thinking of getting rid of him! So you can't have him! He's our little ray of imgination!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Too cute! I recognized the iCarly mousepad -- we got that "prize" last week, too!

Grandma G said...

And we read all this stuff about the younger generation not having an imagination. Looks like he can come up with "toys" just like his grandparents and great-grandparents needed to do before the days when houses were full of toys.