Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tough Teachers II

Last night as we were driving home from JOLT, I asked Early about what he had learned in class that night. (You know this is the question all parents have of their children.) Fortunately his is still young enough to have learned something.

EB: HMMMMM I don't know. You'll have to ask my teacher!
Me: What? Do you remember any of it?
EB: It was about . . .(super long pause - - - - - - - - - - - - -Wait for it ------ Wait for it - - - - - - ) They went to Egypt.
Me: Who went to Egypt?
EB: I don't know. . . . . . . . . .HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (fun to envision finger on chin and thoughtful man pose!) And then she ran away and lied about it.
Me: What was her name?
EB: HMMMMMMM. You'll have to ask my teacher.



Fortunately his teacher is in my 4th hour class. She was noticeable frustrated that one of her students had not gotten the full picture of her lesson. I said "welcome to my world."


Do you have any guesses about which Bible story has some people who went to Egypt and then lied about it? I bet there's some annynmous guessers out there who might know.

No comments: