Thursday, June 26, 2008

Athletics


They say time flies when you're having fun. Then we must really be having fun, because I can't believe the week is already gone. The Lin's are Coming to America as I type - hopefully the typhoon hasn't delayed them! If all goes acording to schedule they will be here in 18 hours - what a travel experience!

Swimming: Lessons began for both kids last week - Summer began this week. Fortunately the pool is heated or we would have froze last week. It was actually warmer in the water than out! I've been going to lessons with Berry Princess. The teacher (one of my former students) (And it is small world enough here that one of the other parents is also a former student! I wonder when I'll get used to seeing my students as adults? Any way back to the swimming lessons . . . ) So back to the teacher - she has us dunk them every week. And I think it is working, Berry Princess doesn't HATE it; she also doesn't love it. She also is 27 pounds, stays pretty close and just does whatever I ask her to.
Early Bird on the other had is Mr. Jumpy and Confident in the water. He's not very strong at swimming, yet. He's constantly trying to swim away and gets going and then he stops! He swallowed more pool this week than I think he did all summer. I also found out he's all elbows and knees and waving hands and kicking feet. If I hadn't had the protection of the water resistance, I'd be all black and blue! As much as I love his teacher (she's also our 6th grade science teacher.), Hubby will definitely be doing the next parent duty for this tot's parent-tot swimming lesson!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Julie and I read your blog, mainly because we talk about you at work =P Well, just Mizz Lin and I. As she is usually a bit, um slow, on updating her blog, could you pretty please post lots of pictures of her and cutie pie K-boy, along with your own cuties, this summer? Thanks! And you're welcome to stop by my blog any time, but K-boy won't be making any guest appearances until he's back in Taiwan in August. Smiles!

B Haack said...

Well, I have to agree with the lack of postings. I'm trying to convince all of my family that they need to do this more often. I'll check yours often. Thanks for the invite.