It is really time that I give an update. . . I don't really feel like I have a lot to report about our lives or my thoughts. Now that it is summer I have so much more time to think about what I think that by the time I'm done thinking about it I don't think is any good anymore! How did you like that sentence!
I can only say that I wish that it were a true sentence. I don't feel like I have any more time than I did before school got out. And based on the toys all over the house and the lawn that needs to be mowed, I don't think I have had any more time. So what have we been doing in this corner of the world?
So for those who don't know, we have recently gotten some new biking equipment. We've been biking on several occassions on the Root River trail. There is one section that starts in Houston, and I'm intimidated. I've heard that it is quite an incline to get to the little picnic table and then you have to re-climb the hill on the other side to come back. So we decided to try it. What a relief. There was a 5 foot section of the road that had river FLOWING over it. Only about 2-3 inches deep, but too much for the kids in the back. (And there was this great big, fat fish laying near the trail.) So we turned around and decided to go the other way from the trail head. . . Ends up that this is the end of the trail until they build some more! So we did the nice flat 2-mile-one-way section 2 times and got in a good 8 mile ride. They have a nice little paved section with some picnic tables space for kids to run and play ball. It was a nice night!
By Sunday the waters had gone down around us, so we decided to give it another try. Again same thing. So we did the same workout. Early Bird has been trying to convince us that he can keep up with us on his little bike while we have ours. So we gave him a chance to try and it was slow, but fun. "My legs hurt!" "Look we had a 2 wheel tie!" By his definition a 2 wheel tie is when one person finishes before him. That way he can still be considered a winner!
So the house still has toys all over it, but we got out side!
No comments:
Post a Comment