Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer is begun

I think you all need a medical update about our family. . .

Early Bird - healthy as a horse.

Hubby - healthy as a horse - with a parts of his leg that are still numb from the surgery - numleg - I think they call it!

Me - I'm doing much better - currently a bit indigestion - but ruptured ovarian cyst pain is gone - I think. The timing was pretty good - school had just gotten out and all I needed to do was check out. I was done with that in 15 minutes of work and went home to RIP - Rest In Pain - for the rest of Friday.

Berry Princess - 2 weeks ago she had what I think was chicken pox - from the chicken pox vaccine - do we get her the booster shot before kindergarten? Hummm, we'll have to think on that one. Now for today - she didn't eat supper last night - had a little yogurt and some raspberries for snack. Supper tonight consisted on nothing but about 4 oz of milk. She took that milk and those raspberries and showed us what a true Berry Princess can do - She made a curdled raspberry shake! Fortunately most of it was on the bathroom towel and me, so there were no permanent marks. Also fortunate that it is summer "vacation" so I don't have to take time off from work to stay home with a sick kid. She's in good spirits - even though her dear baby is on its second wash cycle of the day!

All told - so far anyway - the girls in this house have needed 3 sick days, but I only needed to stay home for the chicken pox! Not bad timing! Throw in 5-6 inches of rain, and there's never a dull moment!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

When Keanu got his chicken pox vaccine a couple of months ago he got sick too. I just assumed it was a bit of a reaction (a fever and some red spots that turned out to be mosquito bites), too. However, the fever got well over 39 so we took him to the ER at midnight on a Sunday night and found out he had the croup instead. A week of terrible coughing and meds later and he was all better.

Romance said...

Wow, it sounds like you have been through it. Glad you are all healing up and healthier.