Sunday, October 05, 2008

Birthday Cake


We're home from a whirlwind weekend of getting little girl presents and playing with Grandpas and Grandmas and cousins. And wait until you see the cake! I really wanted everyone to think that I had made it, but it was a bit too elaborate for a person who works full time. Ohhh no it wasn't too much for her - One of my coworkers does this cake thing on the side!
What a creation! The BP is so enthralled with Elmo, that it needed to be an Elmo cake. And yet the intimidation of the size and shape of Elmo. I looked at picts and was overwhelmed with the amount of creativity. So this year I took the creativity out of it and wrote a check! Mom asked how long it took to make. My reply, "about a minute to write the check!" I just said an Elmo cake and you surprise me. Too bad there isn't tastability through the Internet, because it was the most delicious cake ever. Chocolate cake with raspberry butter cream - Moist beyond belief! Sorry there isn't any left. We even quarted Elmo and the kids ate him. Some loved him, some hated the taste of Elmo. Must taste like chicken! . . . Actually it was rice krispies with lots of sugar!

So I started this thinking I was going to talk about the great time we had with our family and the super fun presents we came home with. I guess that will have to wait, because this time it's all about the cake. Thanks to Suzanna for the great cake!

4 comments:

Grandma G said...

Believe me. . . the cake was delicious as well as great to look at!!! AWESOME job!

B Haack said...

Yep. I'm good at writing checks!

Anonymous said...

I WISH we could get fabulous cakes like that here with a cheque (BTW I'm Canadian). My mom made me amazing cakes and I felt the pressure to keep up the legacy, but with my kitchen, there was no way so I've let that one go! Happy birthday from the other family in Taiwan.

Heidi said...

Elmo was made out of rice krispies? That is really cool!