At church we've been going to JOLT on Wed nights for the last 6 weeks. This session we all had something to go to - Early Bird went to Kids Klub, Berry Princess went to play with the bully boys in the baby room, Pete went geocaching and I went to paper crafting. I'm not sure that he's sold on the geocaching thing, so don't go out and buy us a GPS just yet. I definitely came out in the best place on the whole JOLT sessions. And I've got to share some ideas with you.
But first a side story. Berry Princess is potty training. We went cold turkey with the diapers during waking hours beginning on Sat morning. So Hubby decided to stay home with the Princess so we didnt' make a mess of the church or Curly (the lady who watches the babies and needs to snuggle with the Princess for nearly the whole hour they are together). Early decided that he didn't want to go either then. I needed some ammunition, so I called the church and asked what was for dessert. When they said ice cream and cookies I knew he would go! He at 1/2 a piece of lasagne, 2 slices of garlic bread (with no garlic), 2 scoops of ice cream and 1 cookie!
Back to the craft!
These are super easy little gift satchels - perfect to leave in the teachers' mail boxes during the eternally long week of parent teacher conferences. I'll stamp the little note with a "Made especially for you, b/c you're priceless."
How to make the triangle satchels:
1. 3" X 6" piece of cardstock - when we did it at church she had a fancy stamper, but I used a fancy paper and saved some time - and money!
2. Score on the 1/2 hamburger style - to fold in 1/2.
3. Make a mark with the scoring blade at the 1.5 inch mark on the 3 inch side and score from that mark to the edge to the edge of the 1/2 fold score.
4. Fold it along all score marks.
5. Punch holes through the 2 peices of cardstock on one edge.
6. Repeat on other edge.
7. String with ribbon.
8. I also attached a tag to the ribbon.
9. Put in 2 Dove chocolates.
10. Share with people you like!
Here ends the first paper crafty thing I learned to do. We'll find you another one later. This Wed is a big fall festival with a chili cookoff and cake walk. I'm so excited! Now I just need to decide what type of cake to make.
1 comment:
Very nice! I'm looking forward to reading about more of your craftiness.
Post a Comment